Friday, October 19, 2007

Last (wo)man standing

At various points this week has felt slow, but today has simply slipped away from me and I'm not sure where the time has gone. It's Friday night and I'm the last one left in the office - does this make me the most conscientious or the most inefficient employee?

Staffed an interview today where I felt as though I understood nothing at all - I just sat there, attempted to take notes and eventually gave up after half a page of incomplete sentences stripped my will to continue. They were ostensibly talking about on-demand desktop streaming solutions (as you do) but it could have been red propaganda for all I knew. It's moments like those that remind me of how underrated PR girls are - what other job requires you to know everything about everything (or at least convincingly sound like you do) but still dooms you to a life of being written off by people with so-called serious jobs, as a bimbo who sips champagne and giggles at parties for a living.

Whoa, if I'm not careful I might undo a lot of the careful work I've done in maintaining that I don't like what I do... right, moving on...

Entourage and Ugly Betty are back on. Between those, Heroes and Spooks I'm back to having no reason to leave the house in the evenings. Not a bad idea, when I look (and shudder) at my disturbingly high credit card bill.

Rugby World Cup Final tomorrow night. Although I have no national or patriotic reason to watch it, somehow I have slowly got sucked into the rugby fervour of the last week or so. The end is nigh.

No comments: