Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Fish, Facebook and new furnishings

It's been a busy eight days since I last posted.

Since we last met I have moved house and am now reasonably well settled into the new flat. Well, my shoes are still a bit homeless but I'm trying to figure out what my strategy for storage and retrieval is. An IKEA mission might be in order.

Apart from that, am getting used to a slightly new routine (and figuring out where things are), including looking after my new pet fish - Claude and Eustace. They're coldwater fish and that's all I really know about them except that they don't seem to be very smart. Lively, but seemingly not intelligent enough to open their mouths when they want to eat. Still, am feeling quite attached to them already and I'm beginning to understand why they say watching fish can be soothing.

In the last week or so I also got involved with the somewhat time-consuming but ultimately-pointless shenanigan that is FaceBook. After an initial flurry of searching for and adding friends to your list, there doesn't seem to be much else to do with it. Think I shall stick with blogging, less interactive though it may be.

Long weekend coming up, with both Friday and Monday off - am going to Brighton on Saturday to visit Mr Kenny and explore the rumours I've heard about the city being very cool. Apart from that, I plan to spend the extra time off sitting on my new sofa, in front of my new fire and staring meditatively into space.

No comments: