Tuesday, March 06, 2007

How do ya like them Apples?

Early morning drama today. Woke up cold and was told that the radiator in Dianne's room was leaking beyond any hope of repair and would need replacing. Hung about waiting for the plumber for a while and then left when I found that Tara (landlady) had given him keys after all! Still, will be nice to have the house feel warm again after no heating or hot water since Sunday night.

Got pretty replacement headphones for my iPod - my usual anal retentive sensibilities made me think I couldn't have anything but Apple ones but a recent amount of anti-Apple feeling led me to not want to give them any more of my money than necessary. So I settled on Sony ones as some sort of compromise. But really, I think the fact that they had pretty turquoise bits on them was probably the actual deciding factor.

Good progress being made on planning for St Petersburg and Italy later on in the year. No progress made on planning for visa shenanigans, impending homelessness or upcoming birthday.

1 comment:

aimee said...

I realize this marks me out as a crap mate, as I have actually been to your house, but I must confess that I appear to have lost your address. Please can you send it to me? Otherwise, you don't get a birthday card. So there. And you have about three days, as I'm off to thailand for my bro's wedding on monday... whoopeee!
xx