Friday, March 09, 2007

Slice of OX?

Phew. Finally another week over.

The past few days have seen me trekking in and out of several strangers' homes, asking dull questions about rent and deposits and making forced small-talk about hobbies and schedules.

Considering how big a city London is, this week it has felt tiny. At a house-viewing last night, the next potential tenant arrived early and I was amazed to recognise him as someone whose flat I had viewed back in July when I was last looking. (Good thing I didn't go with it - at the time I decided against him because I couldn't feel comfortable looking at his weird goggly eyes. Now I see that my prophetic soul had merely been warning me that he wouldn't have lasted as a potential landlord either.) Then this morning at the office I ran into an ex Dubai colleague (admittedly one to whom I've probably spoken a grand total of fourteen words since we first met back in 2002 - most of them today) who is working freelance on a project for GCI.

Went to my first meeting at the Dell offices in Bracknell yesterday. Was suprised to see that they are right next door to HP. Still, as they say, not much to do in the country but think what a tick your neighbour is. I imagine that's the case even without millions of dollars worth of computer equipment to fight over.

Tickets to Finland bought and hotel room at the Astoria booked this week as the St Petersburg slowly starts to take shape. Am trying to see if I can work in a detour to the North of Finland to go to the Lordi rocktaurant. So far KY and Tiina aren't going for it, but it's early days yet.

Will be 27 in 11 days. Am so not ready.

No comments: