Monday, March 05, 2007

You callin' me a liar?

Phew! Rather a full weekend, although I'm not sure what of.

Friday afternoon at the Computer Weekly awards at the London Marriott. Dell didn't win whatever it was they were up for, but I suppose it would have been worse hanging out at the office, working. Wandered down Oxford St to get to the tube station home and was accosted by a guy trying to get people to contribute to some charity. I tried telling him that I already contribute to several charities of my choosing, so I would look into his before committing to anything. He didn't seem to believe me, which I have to say left me feeling quite put out, even though I'm sure is probably the sort of lame excuse he must get from a lot of people. Still, I feel guilty enough about feeling like I don't do enough to better the world, without having random men on the street doubting my bonafides. Hmph.

Spent Friday night on the sofa watching Walk The Line with Dianne and Boris - I'd seen it before but a little more Johnny Cash never hurt anyone. Or at least if it did, I'm not aware of any documented examples.

Saturday and Sunday were spent dashing in and out of the house for various errands, a bit of house-hunting and farewell drinks for young Catherine who heads back to Dubai this week. Mojitos rule.

Birthday in 15 days and I don't think I've ever felt less excited. Oh well, no doubt I'll get up some enthusiasm when the cards and presents come flooding in...

No comments: