Monday, February 26, 2007

It's been a full weekend and I'm still tired.

Friday night saw a very sparkly gold Dianne celebrating her birthday in style. I went along with Random Mark in tow - and felt like a right old lady beside all the energy and enthusiasm a 22 year old nipper has - and had rather a good night out, although I did manage to lose my jacket along the way. Still, the jacket was nigh on 10 years old and wasn't even warm anymore. I think I miss it more for sentimental reasons than warmth-related ones. Actually, by the end of the night when I had taken my shoes off and was wandering around barefoot, I might also have been a little cold.

Saturday morning saw me wandering along Northcote Road in a bit of a daze, looking for a suitable present for Baby Yousuf. Having bought him t-shirts with dinosaurs on them (because all little boys should wear dinosaur clothing. It's the rule.), I wandered into Buona Sera planning to grab some lunch and spend some quality time readin JPod. The looks of pity on the faces of the hostess, wait-staff and people at the next table, presumably because I was on my own and thus clearly a social leper,were nearly unbearable. I made up for it by eating a meal of epic proportions and then promptly feeling incredibly sick. Hobbled home and spent the rest of the afternoon in a restful anaconda-like state of digestive hibernation.

Watched An Inconvenient Truth that evening and very good it was too. Although, that said, I think it's (rightly) aimed more at American audiences than international ones. Awareness and activism around climate change is very strong in Europe, so the film didn't necessarily educate me on issues, but rather on the extent of them. As I said, very good indeed, in spite of some cheesy Al Gore montage moments.

Sunday passed in a blur of kiddie birthday party and catching up with Geoff King for drinks and dinner. Without any specific purpose in mind, I led the poor unsuspecting gentleman to the heart of Soho where as a heterosexual pair we were in the minority. Still, it's all character-building.

Spent three hours in a Digital Influencer training session today which I found quite interesting - perhaps proof of my supreme dorkiness. Or maybe truly the communication tool of the immediate future.

32 days.

No comments: