Monday, January 15, 2007

Another new week and just as little motivation from my side... all thoughts very disjointed at the moment, so I'll just spill them out here and hope they make sense.

Attempted shopping again this weekend - I was looking for a new mobile phone. I bought a black vest top (£7 in the Massimo Dutti sale, hurrah!) . I'm going to have to persevere if I ever intend to get better at this.

In a slight departure from the norm, I choose to do my weekend travel by bus instead of tube and it really does make all the difference in the world for keeping your spirits up. While I know the tube is often quicker (although not always) it really does suck out your soul a little to be cooped up in a tin can underground. The bus is much nicer, especially for trying to get your head round where things are located in relation to each other.

Anyway, after all this bus riding and random shopping, I feel as though Kensington might be my alternative spiritual home - admittedly West Dulwich feels more like an actual spiritual home but it's less easy to get to. You have to examine these things from every angle - sadly I just don't have the income to live there.

Both The Mummy and Jurassic Park were on the Sci-Fi channel over the weekend - I'm never going out on Saturday nights again

The highlight of my weekend was the luxury pedicure KY got me for Christmas. Being ruinously expensive as they are, I haven't managed any sort of nail treatment since I got to London, so I was long overdue for this one. There was this gross but cool tool, kind of like a grater, that they use to trim all the excess hardened skin off your feet - it was revolting but I was mesmerised and couldn't help watching all these layers of skin they were just peeling off. I was convinced the girl was going to hit an artery of some kind but apparently there was just that much disgusting old hard skin on my feet. Eww... Moving along swiftly... then there was a paraffin wrap bit, which I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't tried it yet. They lather up your feet in liquid paraffin (which has the consistency of warm, runny candle wax) and then stick them into these heated sock things and about 10 minutes later they pull it all off and your feet are as smooth as a baby's bottom. All a bit strange, but fab.

Speaking of babies, spoke to Christina over the weekend - she is due in 12 weeks. I am SO not ready for this...

No comments: