Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sorry to anyone who follows this blog on a regular basis (you know if you exist) - I have been somewhat preoccupied with the changes at work and impending homelessness so have not been as good as I should at regular updates.

Not that there's been that much to say. Was meant to go to a 30th birthday and a housewarming at the same time on the same night this past weekend. I tried in vain to do both but it turns out Heather lives on a street that does not appear in my A-Z. Then my phone battery died, meaning I couldn't call her for directions. So I stayed at Guanabara and viruously sipped Mojitos for the rest of the evening, then took the tube home at a reasonable hour.

Hurrah for spirits and cocktails and not waking up feeling like something the cat dragged in. (I love that phrase but am curious to know what exactly cats drag in. And why cats? Are they renowned for dragging things in? In where?). A further hurrah for July when smoking gets banned in pubs in England.

Made a conscious effort to get into work early this morning so I could catch up on the surprisingly long list of things I have to do this week. By 'made a conscious effort' I mean that I got out of bed early and left the house about 45 minutes earlier than usual. The tube did nothing but deter me and my good intentions by getting stuck in a tunnel for about 20 minutes.

Making dinner for Mustafa tonight and getting my new phone from him - yay! Lasagna - another yay!

1 comment:

aimee said...

Ok, come on, getting a bit bored of this lack of postage now.... raise your game honey or the evil cyber king of blogging shall smite your server

:-)