Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Today has been an odd sort of day.

James is in London for work this week so KY and I met up with him last night for what should have been a civilised drink in the Covent Garden area. Which for the most part it was, except that I, in my ever-infinite wisdom, decided to go without dinner and drink red wine. Which was fine while I was seated but standing up to leave and go home proved more challenging - especially in high heeled strappy shoes (all the better to show off lovely pedicured toes with). Found I couldn't walk straight (and not just because of the heels), my head was spinning by the time I got out of the bar and in between the deep and meaningful conversation I had with my cab driver, I apparently made several random phone call and texting attempts, for reasons unknown.

All of which implies that I should be feeling decidedly less than average today - but in fact I have wavered between feeling incredibly rough and perking up enough to drink champagne at 4.30 in the afternoon. I am now contemplating whether to risk going to the gym or take the safe route and go home to comfy slippers and the fifth disc of season 2 of House.

(Side note, Hugh Laurie won the Golden Globe for Best Actor - hurrah! I love him!)

Then again, option number 3 for the evening is joining everyone from work at El Vino downstairs for someone's leaving drinks thing.

No, overall, I think Hugh will probably win out.

Anyway, today has been additionally odd because in spite of feeling at death's door for large parts of the day, I have been really productive and checked off all the points on my to-do list. I'm not sure what this tells me about my skills. Or my constitution.

No comments: