Wednesday, January 24, 2007

It snowed last night.

Which possibly explains why I was FREEZING in bed last night (the heating normally turns off at 10.30pm and the house is pretty toasty by then).

Had an interesting sort of start to the day, chipping chunks of ice to ensure the freezer door could shut properly and the food within wouldn't go off while we were at work. Apparently Dianne dropped and smashed a bottle of beer after I left so some amount of chaos might still remain when I get home tonight.

Add this to our broken phone-line and the intermittent disobedience from the Sky box and the stove and the homestead is really falling apart these days.

Still, it snowed last night. Proper crunchy snow that didn't melt at first light.

You can imagine the effect the weather had on the tube, so I settled for a bus-ride into Blackfriars this morning, which gave me the chance to take in some of the wintery scenery. The streets were pretty slushy but other parts, like Clapham Common (and our back garden) had a picture postcard quality that I haven't seen in about five years.

Yay!

No comments: