Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hard. Rock. Hallelujah.

It's official, Lordi's Eurovision entry was my favourite song of 2006. Admittedly I only heard it for the first time on 31 December, but I don't believe those lovable Finns should be discriminated against simply because Dubai tv/radio stations don't broadcast Eurovision. In fact, in this matter I mostly applaud Dubai's broadcasters for their sound thinking and good sense.

Anyway, since then I have made it a point to wake up and listen to Hard Rock Hallelujah every morning and I sincerely hope that some day I speak another language so well that I can come up with puns as good as 'the arockalypse', 'the day of rockening' and 'the rock's about to roll' in a tongue other than English.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIeCw1tiFbI

Given the usual level of drivel showcased at Eurovision, I can't imagine a world in which they wouldn't have won...

2 comments:

SA Kravitz said...

Great blog, I can actually hear your voice in my head as I read it. It could very well put me over the edge.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.